Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wrist Update

If you aren't up to speed, Team Robot Rider Chazbot has had some shitluck with his left wrist. 4 injuries later, here we are:

After breaking my wrist for the fourth time, and after realizing that the recommended treatment wasn't exactly working, I finally saw another doctor. After three repitions of the same injury, I finally changed something. That means I change my behavior at the same speed as the average rat. Dialed! Rats are cool, right?

















By the way, that's what a BBQ rat looks like.



Anyway, I'm really glad I saw another doctor. My last doctor diagnosed three injuries in-a-row as a broken wrist. It appears that I actually did break my wrist the first time, but all subsequent injuries were to the soft-tissue; apparently I tore my TFCC. I didn't know what that was, so I consulted my doctor. He provided this helpful diagram:
















If you type "Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex" into Google Images, you will get this image on the first page of hits:

















I'll either be able to ride in 3 weeks, 8 weeks, or 6 months depending on where I choose to go from here with recovery and possibly with surgery. That means either no races missed, one race missed, or all but one race missed. Woohoo.















Learn from my suffering: If you also hope to use MS-Paint in a desperate cry for help, or to mask the pain of a recent wrist injury, or to hide your pitiful shell of a life with lame attempts at humor, there is good news:

Actually there isn't, your life sucks.


Believe in your dreams.

-Chaz

No comments: