Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bar height + recent mtb trends + pro ho = compensating for something, probably skill

From Bob:

"fyi Matt Thompson runs TWO stem spacers. What's your problem?"

And he's right. Matty T has a bike check up on Vital right now, and the big guy has twice as many stem spacers as me. And he's running an XL frame, which in my estimation is Xtra rad. 

So I'm definitely falling behind in the cool guy "who can put their bars higher" game. On the plus side, I'm friends with Matt Thompson now on Facebook, so hopefully he can teach me his ways. I've got that going for me. 


In all seriousness though, my stem spacers are the most awesome stem spacers in the world, because mine were handmade in The Commander's garage. That's +5hp for sure. 




Plus I have spacers under my crown, so my bar height's way taller anyway. So really Bob's way off base is what I'm trying to say.

These are the things I think about on long plane flights and drives. I probably need a job or a girlfriend. Probably in that order. 

6 comments:

Snky.Pete. CLC said...

Charlie, have you every tried smoking that "Juice Bud", ......you know, marijuana thats been dipped in E.P.O........???? I heard that shit is THE BOMB. Makes you ride a bike fast too.

PZ said...

Ah but would you know what to do with either a job or (especially) a GF?!

If I remember your man-card has been revoked anyway...

matt thompson said...

That's it, I'm going for three spacers now.

kidwoo said...

Using Matty T as any sort of bar height reference is a TERRIBLE idea. Like most his age, he's accustomed to reading glasses to make out anything closer than 10 feet. He only puts his bars that high so that he can see them.

Acadian said...

Kidwoo said...

I'm better than all of you, I'm running my bar under my crown with four spacers on top.

Aerodinamizm bitches

Anonymous said...

yo charlie i got all that plus high rise bars