Tuesday, September 16, 2014

For the benefit of look-at-me big word unfunny engineer guy

What I wrote:



"I wasn't there this year, but I did the same thing to about fifty different bikes and forks when I was at InterHell last year. I also like the "stand on one side of the bike, grab one side of the bars and press down on the crank" test. It's amazing how much you can make a bike or component flex when you don't care about safely riding it after you're done with your "test." Science, dude."




What look-at-me big word unfunny engineer guy wrote:

"Inorite, Charlie? Because the FOS,fatigue,S-N curve,failure criteria, plastic deformation limit and their respective quantitative values were produced, and thus compared to known limits for the particular material and geometry, all during your simple observation of deflection, right? I mean, it's science.

You never cease to entertain, like the village idiot, with your petulant and arrogant ignorance."



I think we had a misunderstanding, look-at-me big word unfunny engineer guy, and I think this video will help you to better understand what I wrote:

4 comments:

Adam said...

What's funny is that homeboy could have just said small bump compliance. #marketing

Got it good said...

Man Charles, you really seem butt-hurt at him calling you out, calling someone else out, with his big words.

Anonymous said...

ughh, the old knee hold/twist bars test, also known as what never, ever happens to a mtn. bike in real life test.

Anonymous said...

Shhh. Just believe the marketing, they would NEVER mislead you. The fork is a VALUE at $1900, a little heavier is actually lighter now.

Upside-down is officially the new right-side up, by the way.